Every good wedding planner knows how to save their clients money, reduce their stress, and deal with unforeseen problems that arise. However an exceptional wedding planner can take the wedding to a whole new level. They can delve deep into the couple and help organize and execute a personalized and memorable day for them and their guests.
As the wedding day approaches couples can be overwhelmed with memories of loved ones that can’t be with them on their special day. It can be a bittersweet celebration if there has been a long-time expectation that certain people will be there. The most upsetting association can be specific plans that were made to include them in the ceremony. A lifelong dream to have their father walk them down the aisle or a first dance with their mother. A wedding planner can be there for moral support as well as assist in coming up with ideas to help loved ones be remembered.Although some people believe that the person lives on and joins the couple in spirit on the day it’s nice to incorporate their memory into the ceremony and reception.
There are many ideas that couples have used. Lighting a candle for each loved one passed, a photomontage or even an empty seat.Many new trends are emerging such as a photo of loved one hanging from the brides bouquet or the kissing game where guests put a few dollars in the pot to have the couples kiss, the money then goes to a charity in the loved ones name. Or a donation can be made in their name in lieu of guest favours. To remember a mother, aunt, sister or grandmother a piece of their wedding dress can be incorporated in the brides dress or their initials can be embroidered into the wedding dress or suit.Jennifer Borgh Events has put together the following list of ideas:
1. Tie a loved ones neck tie around the ring pillow. This can look less obvious if it’s tied into a bow.
2. Incorporate a loved ones favourite elements into the wedding (serve their favourite dessert or drink)
3. Choose their favourite songs for the memorable moments (walking down the aisle, cake cutting, registry signing, first dance)
4. Print small photos of loved ones on fabric iron ons and iron them on a sash, or ribbon, or inner side of dress or suit.
5. If you have a jewelry keepsake then use the stones, or have their jewelry sized to fit you.
6. Have a slide show and incorporate a few photos of them.
7. Include a memory to them in your program or perhaps a few words from the officient
8. Get a mini photo locket for the boutonnière that is subtle
Some ideas can be done privately after the wedding such as placing the bride’s bouquet or someof the wedding flowers on the grave.Weddings should be filled with a lifetime of memories. The most important thing is for couples to not only remember the past but also create good memories for the future.