On Friday, April 29th, 2011, I was invited to celebrate William and Kate’s nuptials with the “Royal Wedding Reception” Special Edition of “The Marilyn Denis Show”.
The tented wedding reception started with Scott Thompson (Kids in the Hall) and his hilarious impersonation of Queen Elizabeth. We saw a live performance by Matt Dusk, a cake competition with The Caketress, Flour Fancies and Fabulous Cakes and Confections. We were served tea with the scent of lavender, silver platters of Royal inspired cookies and treats by Bobbette and Belle. Best of all, Marilyn took the time to come around and meet her guests.
Marilyn also chatted with “FashionTelevision’s” Jeanne Beker live from London, England about all the memorable wedding moments and the reaction to the most anticipated wedding dress of the century.
Guest favours included a bag full of goodies. Marilyn mugs, Catherine’s favourite candies (and Canada post went all out! Audience members for the Royal Wedding Reception received a commemorative Royal Wedding gift set courtesy of Canada Post including:
- Royal Wedding domestic booklet of stamps
- Royal Wedding international booklet
- Royal Wedding postcard
- Royal Wedding keepsake kit
- Queen Domestic booklet of stamps
- Prepaid Xpresspost national envelope.
- Prepaid Xpresspost national cushion pack
- Prepaid Priority next am regional (letter)
- $25 Visa card
- Sunflowers domestic stamps