Why Jamaica is my number one spot for destination weddings.
Photo Credit: Katia Taylor Photography
Jamaica and I go way back. I have been traveling to Jamaica for almost 15 years. My first trip to Jamaica almost didn’t happen, as I was nervous to go to this unknown country. For months, I had been hearing my friends read the Lonely Planet book while planning their trip. I had said no all along, especially since they wanted to skip the all-inclusive resort for a hut on the beach. Just two nights before they left for their trip, I decided that I needed a little adventure and would join them. I booked the first flight the following day and ended up arriving in Jamaica one day earlier than my friends. This trip was the first of many amazing adventures that I had in Jamaica. As the years went by, my love for Jamaica grew and I am thrilled and excited to be able to have many of my destination wedding couples heading to Jamaica for their special day.
Here are my top reasons for recommending Jamaica to my couples:
1. It’s easy to get married! All that is required is for you to have been on the island for 48 hours and you will need to fill out some paperwork. Some resorts will even cover your Government fees if you have enough guests that are staying long enough. There are NO blood tests needed and NO documents to be translated(if they are english).
2. The music – Jamaican’s have so much talent for such a little island. Amazing music and amazing live bands.
3. The food – Jamaican’s have unique, interesting, and delicious foods and menus. They also have a lot of vegetarian options, which can be very helpful for weddings.
4. The beach – Beaches are amazing in Jamaica and there are a lot of options from long stretches of white sand to private coves.
5. The culture – It’s something different. They do things differently, speak differently and there is always something interesting going on
6. The price – There are a lot of amazing options that include many different price ranges. From hotels to all-inclusive resorts, from rooms to villas, there is something for everyone’s budget.
7. They speak English – There is no frustration in translating or getting your message across.
8. The water is safe! You can drink from the taps and not worry about the water.
9. Amazing backdrop for wedding photos – Lush gardens, beautiful beaches, white sand and amazing sunsets.
10. Jamaica has so much to do. You could never be bored. From riding horses in the Caribbean sea to rafting in the river. The adventures are endless.
BONUS if you are in Toronto, it’s only a few hour flight!
Anxiously awaiting your call so I can help you plan your destination wedding in Jamaica.
About Jennifer Borgh:
Specializing in destination weddings and local weddings in Toronto and York Region, Jennifer Borgh with her team of exceptional assistants and vendor connections ensure every single detail of your wedding is taken care of. Jennifer Borgh Events is a boutique planning company and doesn’t overbook. Jennifer Borgh plans weddings and honeymoons FULL time and is therefore available when you need her!
Her extensive background in events has taken her all across the Caribbean. Being Certified by The Wedding Planners Institute of Canada, Sandals and Travel Industry Council of Ontario leaves destination bridal parties completely worry-free in her capable hands.